Red Alert
I seem to be having a lot of skirmishes with our people from our motherland today.
I was in the library and on came this couple who sat at the table opposite me. Armed with 2 laptops, ready to do war with their keypads, producing so much noise with their incessant typing that it sounded like some eurodance anthem lol.
And then they started talking sweet nothings and cuddled and poked at each other after a while, all this time with MA1100 notes strewn all over the table. Bad combination.
I was eating lunch, when I received a call. Well, I was looking forward to my girlfriend's lunchtime update when I was rudely greeted by someone speaking in strong accented chinese over the other end.
"Hello?"
"Qing wen ni hui jiang hua yi mah?"
"No."
"Xie Xie."
-End of Call
Not the first time. Don't think it will be the last. I wonder what they want. I was also wondering whether she actually realized I could reply back in Chinese, but just didn't feel like.
Then during MA4230 break, both me and Gordon went to the toilet. As usual, I was greeted by a pungent smelling person who was at the sink beside me. No prizes for guessing. EH PLEASE BATHE LEH WAH LIAO.
Guess what I did for about an hour in the library. Identifying and enumerating all possible graph trees from order 4 to 10. Damn it man. Why am I not in Switzerland or some other exotic country bumming around.
I'm still thinking about postgrad. Postgrad in mathematics might not be a very good idea. A passport to doing well in that is blatant eccentricity which I do not want to spiral right into.
I really think there's no end to the pursuit of knowledge.
I was telling Mich that day if there was an opportunity for her to relocate to another office overseas, I would gladly follow. I'm really getting quite sick of Singapore. Staying in Woodlands doesn't help. It's really fucking boring up here. Starting to become Little China and Little India combined.
Anyway, on the lighter side of things.
1+1 = ?
Primary Sch Kid : Two
Computer Engineer: 10
Opportunistic Economist: 11
Mathematically Illiterate Chinese : Field ("Tian")
Mathematician: Even, Prime, Zero (modulo 2), all sorts of answers depend on how u define +
Ok nite. My blogging skills are like shit nowdays.
I was in the library and on came this couple who sat at the table opposite me. Armed with 2 laptops, ready to do war with their keypads, producing so much noise with their incessant typing that it sounded like some eurodance anthem lol.
And then they started talking sweet nothings and cuddled and poked at each other after a while, all this time with MA1100 notes strewn all over the table. Bad combination.
I was eating lunch, when I received a call. Well, I was looking forward to my girlfriend's lunchtime update when I was rudely greeted by someone speaking in strong accented chinese over the other end.
"Hello?"
"Qing wen ni hui jiang hua yi mah?"
"No."
"Xie Xie."
-End of Call
Not the first time. Don't think it will be the last. I wonder what they want. I was also wondering whether she actually realized I could reply back in Chinese, but just didn't feel like.
Then during MA4230 break, both me and Gordon went to the toilet. As usual, I was greeted by a pungent smelling person who was at the sink beside me. No prizes for guessing. EH PLEASE BATHE LEH WAH LIAO.
Guess what I did for about an hour in the library. Identifying and enumerating all possible graph trees from order 4 to 10. Damn it man. Why am I not in Switzerland or some other exotic country bumming around.
I'm still thinking about postgrad. Postgrad in mathematics might not be a very good idea. A passport to doing well in that is blatant eccentricity which I do not want to spiral right into.
I really think there's no end to the pursuit of knowledge.
I was telling Mich that day if there was an opportunity for her to relocate to another office overseas, I would gladly follow. I'm really getting quite sick of Singapore. Staying in Woodlands doesn't help. It's really fucking boring up here. Starting to become Little China and Little India combined.
Anyway, on the lighter side of things.
1+1 = ?
Primary Sch Kid : Two
Computer Engineer: 10
Opportunistic Economist: 11
Mathematically Illiterate Chinese : Field ("Tian")
Mathematician: Even, Prime, Zero (modulo 2), all sorts of answers depend on how u define +
Ok nite. My blogging skills are like shit nowdays.
