Mathematical Magician
I don't know how many Minutes it is to Midnight. But Linkin Park's new album is out on 14th May. Their new song sends adrenalin coursing through my veins as usual, and their songs are especially helpful when I'm having a mathematical mental block. Trust me it works. I got stuck in 3110 and once I turned it on last night, wala. Cauchy and Riemann suddenly become my best friends.
Ok. Well, since we're on the topic of Maths, I think I'll dedicate this post to Maths and only Maths. You see, doing a Maths question is like going to war. You bring in your bag of tricks with you, hoping to employ, designate and strategize your tools to provide you with the best utility.
Ok to cut the bullshit short, there's what I've come to realize so far about Mathematical Bullshit. Let's hope the notes below display coherence, because I'm blasting Linkin Park over the speakers.
1) Squeeze Theorem is also known as Sandwich Theorem by Uncle To.
2) Sigma Summations are a pain in the ass. You got to learn how to shift the notations in and out, from n to n+1 to n-1 and the counter from r=1 to r= 0.
3) Resolve the freaking fraction into partial fractions. Then apply whatever cockanathan theorem you can think of to further reduce the fagggtions into faglings.
4) Whatever you do, just learn how to squeeze and get zero when u take n --> inf
5) Based on a differentiable or analytic function, when you limit the function, remember the stupid thing is also continuous, so u get lim f(z) when z->0 = f(0) zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
6) Always use part a answer to help you do part b answer and thereafter do part c.
7) Don't know how to do? Write something. Smoke, Write some theorem that relates to the question.
8) Alt Series, Limit Comparision, Comparison, Absolute Convergence, Dirichlet, Abel, Merlens, Cauchy Cauchy Cauchy Cauchy Cauchy Cauchy Riemann Riemann Riemann Riemann Riemann, Nth Term Divergence, Integral Limit, L Hop, Taylor, Maclaurin. I plan to consolidate all these theories and test under my name, and I'll overtake Cauchy and plan to mathematically dominate the world. Muhahhaha.
9) Cannot prove directly? Prove by corntradiction. Take a cob of corn, remember how you used to play contra, and practice your diction. Sure can solve one.
10) In doubt, use your calculator. Mathematicians cannot count. Don't believe, ask anyone of the 5 fools who always eat with me. I always give the wrong remainder or balance or subtraction.
11) To attain mathematical nirvana, you must act like a PRC and do all your workings on the tutorial sheet itself. Cannot use foolscap.
12) Suppose a Theorem states that C intersect D = C perp U D perp, remember that the theorem also stands when you replace C with C perp and D with D perp. Something like the sets are always replacable.
13) W.L.O.G. If you dare to be lazy that is. Hahaha.
14) Suppose need to show LHS = RHS. Work from both sides to get to the middle.
I can't think of anymore. If I can think, I'll make a second post called Part 2.
Sigh. I think I've gone mad.
Ok. Well, since we're on the topic of Maths, I think I'll dedicate this post to Maths and only Maths. You see, doing a Maths question is like going to war. You bring in your bag of tricks with you, hoping to employ, designate and strategize your tools to provide you with the best utility.
Ok to cut the bullshit short, there's what I've come to realize so far about Mathematical Bullshit. Let's hope the notes below display coherence, because I'm blasting Linkin Park over the speakers.
1) Squeeze Theorem is also known as Sandwich Theorem by Uncle To.
2) Sigma Summations are a pain in the ass. You got to learn how to shift the notations in and out, from n to n+1 to n-1 and the counter from r=1 to r= 0.
3) Resolve the freaking fraction into partial fractions. Then apply whatever cockanathan theorem you can think of to further reduce the fagggtions into faglings.
4) Whatever you do, just learn how to squeeze and get zero when u take n --> inf
5) Based on a differentiable or analytic function, when you limit the function, remember the stupid thing is also continuous, so u get lim f(z) when z->0 = f(0) zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
6) Always use part a answer to help you do part b answer and thereafter do part c.
7) Don't know how to do? Write something. Smoke, Write some theorem that relates to the question.
8) Alt Series, Limit Comparision, Comparison, Absolute Convergence, Dirichlet, Abel, Merlens, Cauchy Cauchy Cauchy Cauchy Cauchy Cauchy Riemann Riemann Riemann Riemann Riemann, Nth Term Divergence, Integral Limit, L Hop, Taylor, Maclaurin. I plan to consolidate all these theories and test under my name, and I'll overtake Cauchy and plan to mathematically dominate the world. Muhahhaha.
9) Cannot prove directly? Prove by corntradiction. Take a cob of corn, remember how you used to play contra, and practice your diction. Sure can solve one.
10) In doubt, use your calculator. Mathematicians cannot count. Don't believe, ask anyone of the 5 fools who always eat with me. I always give the wrong remainder or balance or subtraction.
11) To attain mathematical nirvana, you must act like a PRC and do all your workings on the tutorial sheet itself. Cannot use foolscap.
12) Suppose a Theorem states that C intersect D = C perp U D perp, remember that the theorem also stands when you replace C with C perp and D with D perp. Something like the sets are always replacable.
13) W.L.O.G. If you dare to be lazy that is. Hahaha.
14) Suppose need to show LHS = RHS. Work from both sides to get to the middle.
I can't think of anymore. If I can think, I'll make a second post called Part 2.
Sigh. I think I've gone mad.
