Rockies Day 3
the morning sky from my hotel. u know why it's such a red sunrise? because of 2 effects called Rayleigh scattering and Mie scattering. due to the low lying nature of the sun, the path of the sun rays pases through a longer distance through the atmosphere. the short wave radiation (i.e. the blue spectrum€) hits aerosols and water droplets in the atmopshere, scattering light in all directions. and the long wave radiation (i.e the red spectrum) flies through into our eyes, hence the blue sky and super red sunset.
ok am i boring anyone with my newfound geog knowledge?

Calgary Tower. Zzzz. boring shit. Macau tower so much nicer. Waste 13 CAD for nothing.
Woohoo. View from the top of Sulphur Mountain.
Look at those clouds, produced by orographic lift. That's why the trip was a freaking geog lesson to me.
The cable car that I took up.
View from the cabin. It's a long drop down man. Was slightly traumatic. haha.
The logo on the garbage bin. Don't you think...... there's something wrong with the picture?
Everything on. Cold. And the wind is so strong I can't even walk straight.
Wah. Looks like painting right. But it's the real deal man.


Yeah. Really sulphur siah. Nono. that's not orange juice.



Chipmunk. or squirrel. Looks more like a chip to me.
I'm like the Arrancar from Bleach. Number 6. Anyway. Lake Louise. There's a glacier in the middle of the 2 valleys.

Wow. Look at the reflection on the water surface. Surreal huh.

Ah the best waterfall that I went. The barriers had a bit of loopholes, so we went past them and went to the edge of the falls. Well, for this formation, apparently the waterfall had eroded the rock and receded, leaving behind this natural looking bridge that spans from the left side to the right. Yeah you can walk over it, at your own risk that is.
That's me. Slip and no more Hansel liao. But really ah. Damn shiok. I was actually about 5away from the falls. Had to get a real firm grip. If you notice carefully of the rock structure, they are all stratified. So the remaining rocks had line protrusions that ran forever. Dunnoe whether is it calcium carbonate or limestone. Ah damn. I can't remember what's the other rock type that's stratified.



Remnants of river hydraulic action. Large boulders left behind in deposition, because river speed is down to a trickle at the banks. The ground was so compacted that I tot it was sand. But when i tried to scoop the ground, it was rock hard. Gosh. Amazing.
my astro prof is talking about spacetime curvature and the nature of blackholes.
4 dimensional spacetime, with x,y,z being the usual dimensions that we work with
and T being the fourth dimension or coordinate.
woohoo. linear algebra baby. R^4 field.
Sorry. more about blackholes in future, if I understand them that is.