Muddled Mustafic Melancholic Masculine Majestic Mathematical Monkey

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Yawn

I'm bored from doing Tutorial 6 in the morning. Yes you heard it right. Tutorial 6. If you were wondering why you, a NUS student is only at Tutorial 3 while I'm at 6, that's because I have nothing better to do other than to cut down more trees with my mathematical scribblings.

I think after spending 1.5 months in Singapore, since my return from Canada, I just find many stark contrasts between us and the fellow Americanos. Not that it's for the worse or anything. Just different.

We Singaporeans are indeed a nonchalant lot. If America has its fair share of rude fuckheads and inconsiderate pieces of shit, coupled with its extremely friendly and courteous citizens who never fail to accompany a smile with their "Thank you's, Welcome's, e.t.c", we Singaporeans are simply the average of the extremities of the former, completely oblivious to acts of goodwill, gratifying gestures and courtesy.

Ok I think rap is decent, though not exactly my cup of tea. Justified that I hear it all over the place in America and Canada considering it originated from there. But to hear it being blasted on a loudspeaker of a mobile phone is pretty distasteful. And I do find it strange when there's a certain group of people who always think they are them, walking like them, talking like them, BUT they are not THEM. Next time you see a mobile phone blasting its throaty rap song, take a look and see what you observe.

If you think Singapore is damn expensive, maybe you need to spend 4 months in UK or North America to get a good wake up call. Heavy taxation, high cost of living, US/CAD 6 or 7 Pounds for a pretty dull looking plate of fish and chips. Come on. Singapore ain't that bad.

Yeah. They are much more vocal alright. Rattling their thoughts off when they feel like it. Whether processed thoroughly in the cerebral cortex is another story altogether. Us? We like to keep quiet. We snigger when we know we eventually get the correct answer, even though we are prompted to answer or suggest. We like to hear pin-drop silence when a question is posed, yet chitter chatter like monkeys fitted with energizer batteries after the end of class.

Oh and damn. I hate the weather back here. I prefer dry and flaky skin anytime haha. I think I ran out of things to say. To busy remembering how to use colour pencils.