cardiacccc
The recent 2 consecutive deaths in military training has been pretty unnerving. And it was all the result of jungle hikes, marches and a simple 4km walk in Tekong itself.
I think I might have possibly cheated death during my OCS time on Tekong itself, when the 4 of us fainted from heat exhaustion after an insane route march. I remembered I was zombified, not being able to walk straight while carrying nonsensical loads with a m16 gun with grenade load. After reaching the end point, the floor was all I saw. Next thing I know, 2 medics and 1 doctor was scrutinizing every nook and cranny of my body.
One of us suffered a 41 degree fever and had to be airlifted via chopper to CGH. Amazing considering that he's a SAF regular on scholarship now. haha.
But the thing I think the military has to note is that the people the army are receiving these days are a lot brainier AND a lot scrawnier. We're growing up in a concrete jungle where hitting the books seems to be supplanting physical movement as the staple activity in our young. I, for one, am a cruel victim of this phenomenon, spending too much time staying afloat in the PRC swimming pool while neglecting my flabby frame.
My deepest condolences to the 2 families. Sucks to see your children giving their life away to the defence of the nation, not in times of war, but in peacetime. Painful.
Anyway, I was thinking something kinda warped. If only I could be a rogue trader, and do my part for mankind, by short selling on the price of oil using the entire bank funds. Of course I would most probably be fired as the bank is no charity, but I might have just done every single person on earth a favour.
What's up with trading and structuring. I think it's simply sad when they are the sole driving force behind why the rich is getting richer and the commoner is getting poorer. Traders get richer when they minimize their portfolio risk and maximize their gains as a result, pocketing large amounts of commission while the poor commonfolk suffer from the ridiculous speculations of futures, options, warrants and derivatives.
So the question is, should you jump on the money bandwagon, contribute towards self-sustained inflation, while using your high paying job to hedge against the rising costs, or be the John Doe at the beck and call of illogical economic forces?
Guess eating from the tree of knowledge gave us the ability to create money, the very tool that might lead us to our undoing.
I think I might have possibly cheated death during my OCS time on Tekong itself, when the 4 of us fainted from heat exhaustion after an insane route march. I remembered I was zombified, not being able to walk straight while carrying nonsensical loads with a m16 gun with grenade load. After reaching the end point, the floor was all I saw. Next thing I know, 2 medics and 1 doctor was scrutinizing every nook and cranny of my body.
One of us suffered a 41 degree fever and had to be airlifted via chopper to CGH. Amazing considering that he's a SAF regular on scholarship now. haha.
But the thing I think the military has to note is that the people the army are receiving these days are a lot brainier AND a lot scrawnier. We're growing up in a concrete jungle where hitting the books seems to be supplanting physical movement as the staple activity in our young. I, for one, am a cruel victim of this phenomenon, spending too much time staying afloat in the PRC swimming pool while neglecting my flabby frame.
My deepest condolences to the 2 families. Sucks to see your children giving their life away to the defence of the nation, not in times of war, but in peacetime. Painful.
Anyway, I was thinking something kinda warped. If only I could be a rogue trader, and do my part for mankind, by short selling on the price of oil using the entire bank funds. Of course I would most probably be fired as the bank is no charity, but I might have just done every single person on earth a favour.
What's up with trading and structuring. I think it's simply sad when they are the sole driving force behind why the rich is getting richer and the commoner is getting poorer. Traders get richer when they minimize their portfolio risk and maximize their gains as a result, pocketing large amounts of commission while the poor commonfolk suffer from the ridiculous speculations of futures, options, warrants and derivatives.
So the question is, should you jump on the money bandwagon, contribute towards self-sustained inflation, while using your high paying job to hedge against the rising costs, or be the John Doe at the beck and call of illogical economic forces?
Guess eating from the tree of knowledge gave us the ability to create money, the very tool that might lead us to our undoing.
