Muddled Mustafic Melancholic Masculine Majestic Mathematical Monkey

Saturday, October 21, 2006

The Prestige

It takes courage, to kill yourself and yet, live again everyday.

The Prestige was one hell of a show. Comparable to V for Vendetta, though both were plots of different nature with the similar melancholic melody.

It's as though magic has become a part of you. You live magic. You breathe magic. You talk magic. You sleep magic. So much so that living your life everyday is like staging a magic performance real time. Some days, you be yourself, with no facade, with no disguise. Some days, you revert to being a magician, living a lie, telling people that it is all a lie and an illusion, yet knowing that they enjoy being fooled at.

The contradiction. Something that I'm absolutely familiar with. The obsession to settle the scores and put an end to the vindication once and for all, leads to a contradiction to both the soul and the mind, the you that's inherent and the you that's created to pursue the obsession.

It's like an obsession. An obsession to bury your past, your memories, your heart. The same obsession that tears you into two walking and living pieces, one dead and the other alive.

So in the end, it's really like as though you kill yourself every morning when you wake up, only to live through the killing everyday. Maybe you people might understand it when you finally walk through it.

------------------------------

Anyway, meet up with the guys was great as usual. No regrets about the movie. I got 10-0 with my Night Stalker while playing DOTA. I just don't understand why I don't play the game and yet, still be able to kill so many people. Perhaps the killing's an inherent skill which I should try to hone on. Oh the La La Beef Noodle Shop at Liang Seah Street's awesome. Somehow, I can't remember eating there, though it seems vaguely familiar. Grey matter's forming in my cerebal cortex.

It's time to get down to serious work tomorrow and Sunday. I need to level my Statistics and ODE. 2108's fine. Just lacking the extra ooomph to get the A. So is my freaking Econs. Correct side of the bell curve. Just not freaking high enough to beat the bulk.