Muddled Mustafic Melancholic Masculine Majestic Mathematical Monkey

Friday, March 09, 2007

Burn Out

Aiyoh. Never do work today again. Sleep sleep sleep.

Thirteen senses new album out end of the month. I guess I should be buying it.

Well, hope ZW nails it at goldman sachs and HSBC. If he does, wahaha got powerful ally.

I can't bite properly. No it's not that it's pain. In fact, the pain is bearable. I was eating all sorts of junk on the second day already. The thing is, the stupid metal on the lower set of teeth is obstructing and preventing me from having a full bite. So i can't bite things like squid, kangkong, yada yada. Ok la. More healthy eating for the next 2 years. Haha.

Don't study, sure get second up. Study, might not get first.
The problem with the civil service bond is that your starting pay is determined by the kind of honours you get.
Secondly, it's restricting a lot of things that I want to do.
Grace said that she's working 12 hours everyday during her practicum, which makes me wonder, are you spending 12 hours teaching, or are u spending 3 hours teaching and the other 9 doing idiotic administrative work.
See how it goes during the 3 week attachment.
My primary school teacher told me during CNY that primary school's the worst place to teach.
1) Discipline nowdays is ridiculous. Standing at your desk for more than 5 minutes is considered corporal punishment. You are not allowed to cane, slap or pull the ears of your students. You cannot send students out of the class.
2) Parents scold teachers these days when you take them into hand, instead of supporting your cause.
3) The principals are getting younger, with a faster turnover rate, and they are desperate to mete out new initiatives to beautify their achievements.
4) Remember the admin officers that are introduced to the schools to help the teachers? Well, they help the principals instead of the teachers. And when a teacher questioned the PS of Education, he replied saying "we hand over jurisdiction of the admin officers to the principals". You know, I always think military men should just remain in the military, instead of jumping over to other departments.
5) She was complaining that teachers have to undergo some work attachment program for 2 weeks - 1 mth, i.e. work in other fields to gain insight and exposure to the private sector yadayayadyada. And in the process, the class gets relieved by some tutor who can't teach, or who doesn't bother to teach, and then the backlog of work piles up when they return.

I really need to see it myself. Because if the situation's craptacular, I better think real carefully about what's the next step 4 years later.

Or am I just thinking too much and too far ahead. Lol. Wadever. I realised that my standard of english on my blog is deproving. Words don't seem to come with seamless fluidity as compared to last time. But formulas and theorems and JAPANESE seem quick to materialize. -_-

[itunes]: Thirteen Senses - The Salt Wound Routine