Strange Dream
I had a very weird dream last night. It basically involved me being a mercenary assassin, who was hired by the police to kill someone, and I agreed by signing a contract that saw everything go downhill ever since. Within a snap of a finger, everyone around me, whom I had known for very long, started to get killed by the very police that hired me.
And the dream ended with me killing every person connected with the killings.
Sounds like some classic action movie where the protagonist gets his sweet revenge.
But then I thought about it very carefully and it seemed the root cause of the problem started when
I blotched my signature all over the dotted line with ink.
So then, I thought about it yet again, it seems I kinda got the stark message. That my life so far has been strangely deterministic from certain events that I had no idea would change the very way my life turned out to be.
Let me tell you, in my opinion what are the biggest mistakes that I've done:
1) Overachieving in the army. Till date, I still think it's pointless. The amount of incompetent regulars. The useless advanced courses that you go for, getting your ass fucked upside down even though you're an officer.
2) Teaching with MOE. Big big mistake. I think back then, I underestimated my potential in Mathematics. I should have looked further, polytechnic, university. I'm wasting 4 years in a secondary school, where my brains are really an utter misfit for the likes of childish secondary school children.
3) Cuesports. Holy shit. What the heck was I thinking. A cue isn't going to make me any more smarter.
4) Counterstrike. Oh man. Let's not go there. Maybe the only saving grace is that whenever there's an NUS competition, I get free money without much trying.
But of course, I cannot discount the fact that I've met fantastic friends along the way, getting to know some RI Maths guys much much better, meeting my fantastically smart and beautiful girlfriend through the most ironic places, Science Club (when 90% of the population is Chinese speaking).
So then, i think the path is quite straightforward. More Maths. Academic-focus. Private teaching.
And in actual fact, what does God exactly want me to do?
Ok back to bloody complex analysis.
And the dream ended with me killing every person connected with the killings.
Sounds like some classic action movie where the protagonist gets his sweet revenge.
But then I thought about it very carefully and it seemed the root cause of the problem started when
I blotched my signature all over the dotted line with ink.
So then, I thought about it yet again, it seems I kinda got the stark message. That my life so far has been strangely deterministic from certain events that I had no idea would change the very way my life turned out to be.
Let me tell you, in my opinion what are the biggest mistakes that I've done:
1) Overachieving in the army. Till date, I still think it's pointless. The amount of incompetent regulars. The useless advanced courses that you go for, getting your ass fucked upside down even though you're an officer.
2) Teaching with MOE. Big big mistake. I think back then, I underestimated my potential in Mathematics. I should have looked further, polytechnic, university. I'm wasting 4 years in a secondary school, where my brains are really an utter misfit for the likes of childish secondary school children.
3) Cuesports. Holy shit. What the heck was I thinking. A cue isn't going to make me any more smarter.
4) Counterstrike. Oh man. Let's not go there. Maybe the only saving grace is that whenever there's an NUS competition, I get free money without much trying.
But of course, I cannot discount the fact that I've met fantastic friends along the way, getting to know some RI Maths guys much much better, meeting my fantastically smart and beautiful girlfriend through the most ironic places, Science Club (when 90% of the population is Chinese speaking).
So then, i think the path is quite straightforward. More Maths. Academic-focus. Private teaching.
And in actual fact, what does God exactly want me to do?
Ok back to bloody complex analysis.
