Muddled Mustafic Melancholic Masculine Majestic Mathematical Monkey

Friday, July 06, 2007

FriedDay

Singapore is a unique country that has 2 seasons. The rainy season and the summer season. It's summer right now. Every morning at the parade square, I'm the only clown that's sweating like a pig. That's why sometimes, in the morning I just anyhow shower, knowing that I'm going to be showering for a second time later at school. Maybe I should get a beach chair and get a nice good tan in school.

Seems that if you wanna climb quick, you better be a HOD 3 years after you leave NIE. If not, you're gonna be a chao farmer. Farm all kinds of vegetables.

I'm quite amused when I found out that the councillor's room is twice the size of that of the principal's. In addition, i get the general feeling that quite a number of teachers are just running out of steam. But the HOD of Maths is quite inspirational. An engineer by training. Yet he's the youngest HOD at 31. Wife also Maths HOD at Woodgrove Primary. RI guy mah. Haha.

I get the feeling that some teachers don't really welcome us also. The kind of feeling of "oh, these people, won't be teachers for long, before long, go HQ make some stupid policy that I got to implement and follow". But I must say the HODs and the P and VP are very interested in us. Always talking to us. Haha.

Ok la. The days don't always end at 6. Sometimes, at 1pm you can already leave school, especially if it's Friday.
The school councillor was telling us about motivational deficiency within students. I mean well.. it's quite true.
1) School starts friggin early at 7.30am.
2) There's no soccer or basketball CCA in school
3) School food expensive
4) Forced to do subjects you don't like (duh i can empathize with that)
5) Bigger issues at large (Gotta work to support family, family abuse, cannot afford to eat recess, e.t.c)

I don't advocate all rounded education. Neither do I think not having soccer and basketball as a CCA is entirely smart, considering that these 2 sports are the favourites amongst the male gender. But of course, it's crucial to raise it up in the project I guess. Some things gotta change.

Aiyah dunnoe la. Can't blog properly. I just woke up after sleeping for 3.5 hours. The heat is killing me. Thank goodness there's Leon. Joker siah that guy.