Muddled Mustafic Melancholic Masculine Majestic Mathematical Monkey

Thursday, December 21, 2006

uV ajeD

I watched the movie today, on pirated VCD. hurhur.
I think Val Kilmer's much fatter.

But that's besides the point.
Well, you can't compare it with Minority Report, but I felt the standard of the movie was there. Maybe a little on par with Paycheck.

It seems, returning back to the past only allows you to relive it, not change it.
Because the inherent flaw is that by executing the action of going back in time itself, it has been predetermined, that this action in itself shall and will happen. We are just fulfilling destiny, the designated path of life that we have been preordained to take.

And if we do travel back, the actions that we do, will perhaps remain constant and consistent with the actions that we have already taken when we were in the present state, just that it does not appear apparent, obvious or distinct. And maybe it becomes obvious only when we start to meddle with it, only to have some form of delayed deja vu that "hey, this is still happening regardless."

Or maybe should time travel be possible, there's an existence of an equilibrium that persists. As that our lives are prophecy personified, in which everything will seek a balance out along the fork and path that we're taking. So perhaps changing component A will change component B which will lead back to the original end result of component C.

So maybe, hmm maybe, deja vu can be explained by the theory that we have many copies of ourselves living in parallel universes, but perhaps some copies of us are lagging while some are ahead in maybe a fraction of a second. So while those copies of us that are ahead of us are our source of deja vu in this universe, we are actually serving as the spark of familiar realization in our laggy counterparts.

But well, there are just some things that are beyond us. There are times when I wonder whether Einstein died a happy man or a vexed man, chasing theories of relativity and time travel. But I wouldn't mind having a future copy of me travelling back to my present state in time and answer me a very simple question, "Would I be a happy man 10 years down the road?"

Only God knows I guess. But God doesn't expect you to be a couch potato and seek happiness. You have to find it.

Yup, seek and you shall find.

[itunes]: Jennifer Paige - Sober